Information We Collect Automatically
If you visit Ïã½¶ÊÓÆµ¹ÙÍø websites to browse, read or download information:
- Your web browser automatically sends FPU (and we may retain) information such as:
- the internet domain through which you access the Internet (e.g., yourServiceProvider.com if you use a commercial Internet service provider, or yourSchool.edu if you use an Internet account from your school)
- the IP address of the computer you are using
- the browser and operating system you are using
- the date and time you access our site
- the URL of the site from which you linked directly to our site
- We will use this information as aggregate data to help us maintain this site, e.g., to determine the number of visitors to different sections of our site, to ensure the site is working properly and to help us make our site more accessible and useful.
- We will not use this information to identify individuals, except for site security or law enforcement purposes.
- We will not obtain personally identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information.
Other Information We Collect
If you choose to identify yourself (or otherwise provide us with personal information) when you use our online forms:
- If you request information, services or assistance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties that (in our judgment) are appropriate in order to fulfill your request. If, when you provide us with such information, you specify that you do not want us to disclose the information to third parties, we will honor your request. Note, however, that if you do not provide such information, it may be impossible for us to refer, respond to or fulfill your request.
- If your communication relates to a law enforcement matter, we may disclose the information to law enforcement agencies that we deem appropriate.Â
How Long We Keep Information
We reserve the right to retain all information provided indefinitely.
Please note that electronic communication, particularly email, is not necessarily secure against interception. Please do not send sensitive data (e.g., Social Security, bank account or credit card numbers) by email or web form unless necessary. Â When submitting credit card numbers for ecommerce, please note that the university adheres to current PCI-DSS standards for the treatment of credit card information.
Brightedge (www.fresno.edu only)
Brightedge Self-Connecting-Pages collects session information that is used by the Self-Connecting-Pages to calculate relevance between pages and optimize the internal link graph. Information collected through this request includes:
- Session ID
- Page Sequence
- Current Page URL
- User Agent
- Referring URL
No personally identifiable information (PII) is used by Brightedge Self-Connecting-Pages. As per standard industry practices, IP addresses are collected in log files for security and debugging purposes only. IP address data is not used by any BrightEdge systems, including BrightEdge Self-Connecting-Pages. BrightEdge does not utilize IP addresses, nor combine (directly or indirectly) IP addresses with any other information, to identify any natural person.
Links to Independent Websites
Websites hosted by Ïã½¶ÊÓÆµ¹ÙÍø may link to independently run websites outside of the http://fresno.edu domain and subdomains. Ïã½¶ÊÓÆµ¹ÙÍø Pacific is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such sites.Â Â
Last updated: 7/15/20 to add Brightedge section